Sunday, December 2, 2012

Holiday QR Code Freebie

       QR Codes have been around for quite a while now.  I had forgotten all about them until I saw a post that had sight words attached to them. Heidi over at Swamp Frog First Grade  just created a word scramble.  I was inspired to create a set of codes for my kids using their names.  I paired the codes/names with  pictures of animals and will put them up around the room for my kids to discover whose name goes with which animal.
      Then of course I created a simple holiday QR Code word find.  You will need to have either an ipad or ipod touches or even an iphone with QR Scanning Apps (which are free) attached to them.  The kids scan the code and record their findings on the recording sheet.  You can download this freebie at the link below.  Have fun!

       One more thing...Mrs. Carroll over at The First Grade Parade has just posted about her RACK (Random Acts of Christmas Kindness).  She's a girl after my own heart.  Please check out this neat idea.  I'll be adapting it into my family and classroom this month, too.
This was a recent hat day at school.  I used a few flowers to create this colorful hat!
Remember to be kind!
Claire

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for finding my blog! I love connecting with other bloggers - especially first grade teachers! You have really cute ideas - I love the video about recess.

    Melissa
    First Grade Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout out!
    These QR codes are awesome! Thanks for sharing! Can't wait to try them out!
    Swamp Frog First Graders

    ReplyDelete