Saturday, January 1, 2011

Word Work Activity and Little Penguins

Here is a new activity I created for our Word Work for my class and I thought I'd share.  Teachers have been so generous to share what they have created that I thought I needed to share as well.
    I created a several pages of the alphabet using several different fonts.  I copied them onto different colored papers and cut out all of the letters.  Students use the paper tiles to create lists of words they are working on.
Here is the PDF with all of the fonts and the worksheet.  Enjoy!



I created the little penguins out of rocks similar to First Grader...at Last---Sarah Cooley did earlier this week.  I just loved them and needed a set myself.  I couldn't find any black little marbles so I got black rocks instead.  They are all different shapes and sizes and I like how they all have their own personality.  My plan is to use them as an incentive for good behavior.  I also made some smiley faces, too, from the glass marbles.  More incentives.  So fun.





One more day left of my vacation.  Oh how I've enjoyed hanging out at home.  Happy New Year everyone.


3 comments:

  1. They look great! I almost got the different sized stones, too! I like the different sizes! I love the idea of using them as incentives! Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for creating & sharing all these great ideas! I've recently developed quite the addiction to 1st grade blogs.

    I'm having trouble downloading or saving this one- is it just me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Molli,
    I'm sorry you are having problems downloading this I also put it up on the proteacher website. It might be easier to get it there.
    http://www.proteacher.net/discussions/showthread.php?t=306302
    I too love all these blogs. I can't seem to get enough of them. Thanks for stopping by.
    Claire

    ReplyDelete