Friday, August 12, 2011

Summer Slowly Fading Away

          This week I spent 4 mornings in my classroom working to organize, sort, and set up.  I think it gets tougher every year.  I have so much "stuff" that it's hard to keep track of it all.  I love trying new things but I can't seem to let go of all the old things.  As I looked around my classroom today I got a little worried that I wouldn't be ready for the start of school.  I always seem to get overwhelmed mid-August.  I haven't been able to talk my kids into coming with me to help set things up.  They're just too busy being teenagers.
         Well I up-dated my website's main page to reflect the start of the new year.  I created a new list for my kidblog.com site.  I bought some blue and red nylon to make up some new homework bags.  I forgot the ribbon to make the handles.  I guess I've got to make a trip to Michaels.
         Technology will be a big focus for me this year.  I will be involved in a couple of internet projects with my class that should be fun.  We will be starting out the year 4 new ipod touches.  I am excited about all the ways we will use them.  I'm hoping it will spark my students into working on some projects with them.
        I am looking forward to skyping with some classrooms this year (a first for me) and to working on some new and exciting projects with Mrs. Campbell.  I want my class to make connections with other 6-7 year olds this year.  We'll see what happens.
       One week left before I have to sit for three days with all my old teacher friends.  I'm sad to see summer fading away and excited for a new year to begin.

Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment