Monday, February 25, 2013

Full Snow Moon

According to my big brother George, February's full Moon is traditionally called the "Full Snow Moon" because usually the heaviest snows fall in February. I have never heard of this before.  In Vermont and Northern NY I believe the heaviest snows fall in March.  Most of the country is experiencing some real freaky weather with lots of snow. 

My kiddos love the snow.  Recess time is the best when we have a foot of snow on the ground.  Last month I could see that the kids we itching to get outside and play in the snow.  A big rule at recess during the winter is to not throw snow balls.  I found these cheap bags of cotton balls and bought 2 of them.  During one morning meeting I had every one count out 10 cotton balls and hold on to them.  I counted off and told them it was a huge snowball fight.  I was soooooo much fun throwing "snowballs" at each other.  It was a great way to start our day with a bit of chaos.  I hope your world is snowy like ours.  If not......buy a couple of bags of cotton balls.











Start each day in a happy way!


No comments:

Post a Comment