I am so honored to have been nominated for the Sunshine Award by Leah Mermelstein. Thanks, Leah!
The Sunshine Award is a lovely way that bloggers recognize each other. Basically, it spreads Sunshine from one blog to another!
I am not sure where the The Sunshine Award was started but here are the rules.
1. Acknowledge the nominating blogger.
1. Acknowledge the nominating blogger.
2. Share 11 random facts about yourself.
3. Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
4. List 11 bloggers. They should be bloggers you believe deserve some recognition and a little blogging love!
5. Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer.
6. Let all the bloggers know they have been nominated. (You cannot nominate the blogger who nominated you.)
Fun Facts about me.
1. I have a cat named Ziti. She's my lap heater.
2. I have 11 siblings that live all over the country. I'm proud of every single one of them.
3. I enjoy crafting and working with my hands.
4. Technology makes me giddy. I love my iPad mini the best.
5. Reality tv keeps my DVR hopping. My favorites are Survivor, The Amazing Race, and Project Runway. My son thinks I'm crazy. Ha
6. I wear my regular running sneakers to my zumba classes instead of zumba shoes. Running sneakers have more support for my old dancing feet.7. I told myself that I would never buy a jeep. And I just bought a Jeep Cherokee Laredo this week…..I'm in love with it.
8. I'm a chocoholic! Dark chocolate with almonds makes my day.
9. My favorite thing to teach is writing to first graders.
10. I love the ocean in Maine. Kennebunkport is where my family summered. Wells Beach is where I took my kids to summer. I long for those warm summer days in the sun and sand.
11. I am a totally different teacher now than when I begin teaching. I am happier now more than ever. I love teaching first graders.
Questions from Leah:
1. What inspires you to blog? Things that I do in my classroom inspire me the most….how kids react to their learning….new discoveries.
2. What is the hardest/most frustrating thing about blogging? Finding time to blog….I don’t blog nearly as much as I should. Some people blog several times a week….My goal is to blog at least once a week all year. It just doesn’t happen. Life gets in the way.
3. Can you share a defining moment you’re had in the field of education? A defining moment came when I taught my own daughter in my classroom. I saw her much differently than the other students. I had to remove myself as a mother to her but became a mother to everyone else.
4. What do you hope for in the coming year? My hope for the coming year is to use my 3 iPads to the fullest. I want the technology to have strong presence in my classroom
5. How does blogging help your teaching? My blogging helps to define what is important. The sharing of ideas is huge for me.
6. How does teaching help your blogging? Trying new things
8. What advice would you give to someone about writing? Writing is a skill that needs to be practiced daily. Practice writing many different kinds of writing to help become a very diverse writer.
9. What advice would you give to someone about teaching?Teaching is the connection to learning. It is the hardest most rewarding jobs you will ever have.
10. What is is your favorite thing to do to relax? my favorite thing to do to relax is to create. I love to create things with my hands and things on the computer.
11. Are there any responses to your blog that have really stood out? What were they and why did they stand out?The responses that stood out are the ones where people have found new ideas in the things I say.I nominate:
Laurie Hilton at http://Mrshiltons4thgrade.blogspot.com
Kristin Kennedy at http://iteach1to1.blogspot.com
Amanda and Aylin at http://dailylearningtothecore.blogspot.com
Hayley Bishop at http://bishopsblackboard.blogspot.com
Kim at http://saylorslog.blogspot.com
Shannon at http://www.technologyrocksseriously.com
Tammy at http://foreverin1st.blogspot.com
Heidi Raki at http://www.rakisradresources.com
Danielle at http://lasotaslittlelearners.blogspot.com
Heidi at http://swampfrogfirstgraders.blogspot.com
Blogger at: http://firstgradedelight.blogspot.com
You all bring sunshine to my life. Thank you for all you share every day.
Here are some questions for you to share with your readers.
. Where is the favorite place you have gone on vacation?
. Where was your favorite childhood vacation?
. If you could live anywhere in the world other than where you currently live, where would it be?
. What do you wish you could change about your home?
. What is the next home improvement project on your list?
. What is the one recipe that you get asked to bring to family dinners or potlucks?
. What is the last meal you cooked at home?
. What is your favorite thing to order at a restaurant?
. Share one of your favorite getting healthy tips.
. Do you have pets? If so, tell us about them.
Share a blog post you wrote that meant a lot to you and tell us why you picked that one.
I see sunshine everyday in the students I teach!