1. Spread lots of dominoes on the floor upside down.
2. Ask each child to choose 2 dominoes
3. Add your dominoes together first using mental math, then checking by counting the dots.
4. Our goal was to try to be the highest number or the lowest number.
5. I started counting off to sequence the numbers (kids made a line and helped count)
6. We gave a round of applause for the lowest and the highest.
7. We counted up and we counted back from the highest to the lowest.
8. Our last round I had them pick 3 dominoes and Asked what we might see happen to the numbers. They of course thought that the largest number would be higher with more dots available.
9. They got very excited as we were counting. Next time I might have them write the numbers as we sequence.
It was fun and we will try this game again, soon.
Check out these other domino games!