Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Wishing Wednesday

      Well, it's back to work for me today, wishing for an easy transition back into the routine for all of us.  It has been a nice long vacation in the middle of winter.  Yes, I said winter.  I think we had more snow this past week than we have had in the last 3 months.  I got my work outs shoveling snow:)  We all thought that a mild winter was very pleasant.  But now I'm wishing that spring would arrive.
        I've been on a bit of a health kick lately and I bought a large stalk of celery.  I sliced right through the whole stalk to have lots of little pieces to keep me from eating chocolate.  Ha Ha!  I had spring on the brain and can't wait for the growing season to start so I put the end of the stalk stem into a bowl of water.  Within hours the center of the stalk seemed to be growing.  Was I seeing things and wishing that I might?  It took only 24 hours and sure enough there was life growing in the center of that stalkHere is a what my stalk looks like after 1 week.


 It looks like a pretty flower.

       It is such an easy fascinating little experiment that I'm going to recreate it with my class this week.  I think we will make a few predictions and keep a daily journal as a class.  It's all very excitingMy wish is that it will grow as nicely as the one I have going at home. I may even try the top of a pineapple. Happy Growing.
       
Wishing you all Good Luck !  What are you wishing for? 


Claire

2 comments:

  1. Hope the transition back is a good one =)
    Jennifer

    First Grade Blue SKies

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just reading about doing that with celery. I think we will try it too! Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete