Sunday, March 3, 2013

Science Fun

                 Have you ever wondered about the world around you?  Kids are naturally curious creatures.  My little group of kiddos is no different.  They are a very curious beast.  They are always on the look out for things out of the ordinary.  It may be a bug crawling across the carpet, or their marker bleeding through their paper, or even a pencil's ding on a metal water bottle.  Kids want to be up close and personal with why things work the way they do.  I love where their questions take me.  It's one of the reasons why I love first grade so much.  I never know what my day might bring.  I love the internet for helping us to find out more about any topic under the sun.
                    My little scientists had a great time recently discovering and writing about our five senses.  Our curriculum states that we must talk about how our five sense satisfy our needs and how they keep us safe.  My kids loved reading about them and getting a chance to touch, smell, taste, see, and listen to several objects from our classroom.  The best part for them was when I pulled out our science goggles for the first time.  Now every time we do science we wear them.  They had to take a walk around the building the first time we put them on to practice using our 5 senses.  I think they just wanted to show them off to everyone.

What are you curious about?

Check out how "Smart" we all look in our  new science goggles.

























No comments:

Post a Comment