Monday, August 11, 2014

Word Wall Freebie

Over the years I've had several different designs of word walls.  I hate how much space they take up on classroom walls.  My first wall I created using index cards and I did it all by hand.  Yuck! is all I can say about it.  I've bought other word walls and there seemed to be a million pieces.  For the last few years I didn't have any word wall except for a Words For Writing Chart.  At the end of the year I noticed a word wall in a second grade classroom at my school that hit me like a ton of bricks.  That's it!   That's what I need, a smaller word wall that kids can use to help with reading and writing.

It takes the space on a half a door.  I have a bathroom in my classroom and it is the perfect place for all to see and an easy space to attach words with just tape.  I am thrilled with how it looks.

I created it using tables.  I put all words in alphabetical order.  It was easy to attach to the door and I can always add more words if we need to.   Here's how it looks.



I printed the alphabet on bright pink for bright contrast.  It is just what I've been dreaming of for years.  You are welcome to try the Mini Word Wall out here.  



No comments:

Post a Comment